Robert Huff Miller delivers.
Some of the notable successes on behalf of his clients are:
- Collecting an award of over three-quarters of a million dollars on behalf of a minority partner after a four-day arbitration hearing.
- Obtaining a complete defense victory in an arbitration where the initial demand was over $300,000.
- Representing defendants in personal injury suits with multiple six-figure demands, resulting in advantageous settlements.
- Winning a three-day bench trial on behalf of a minority shareholder.
- Negotiating and closing an advantageous refinancing of an eight-figure commercial property.
- Obtaining treble damages and attorneys' fees on behalf of consumers defending against collection claims by contractors.
- Obtaining an emergency court order resulting in the recovery of over $1 million in equipment that was essential to compliance with a federal court order in connection with the completion of a massive nine-figure public utility project.
- Closing a billion-dollar plus commercial real estate transaction.
- Obtaining an injunction wresting control of a large shopping center away from the managing general partner of the venture.
- Drafting and negotiating various agreements to protect and advance clients' interests.
- Forming businesses, acquiring companies, and drafting hundreds of commercial and office leases.
Below are some representative reported cases:
- Adviser Dealer Servs. v. Icon Advisers, Inc., 557 Fed. Appx. 714 (United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit).
- J & D Rack Co., Inc. v. Kreimer, 957 N.E.2d 39, 194 Ohio App. 3d 479, 2011-Ohio-2358 (Ohio First District Court of Appeals).
- Meeder Asset Mgmt. v. Icon Advisers, Inc., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 43388 (United States District Court for the District of Colorado).
- Dimension Serv. Corp. v. First Colonial Ins. Co., 2014-Ohio-5108 (Ohio Tenth District Court of Appeals).
- Carvant Fin. LLC v. Autoguard Advantage Corp., 958 F. Supp. 2d 390 (United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York).
- EAC Props., LLC v. Brightwell, 2011-Ohio-2373, 2012-Ohio-5385, 2014-Ohio-2078 (Ohio Tenth District Court of Appeals).
- Cornell v. Rudolph, 2011-Ohio-4322 (Ohio Third District Court of Appeals).